Changing Interface Information (Relocation/Changing ISP)
Changing WAN Interface
- Make sure you have the necessary information for your connection.
- Make sure you have a currently active connection or a back up connection.
- Change the WAN Type to the new ISP provided type.
- Input all necessary information if available.
- Wait for the unit to Sync under the Site Overview Location and General Information panel. Unit should download the new information. If unit is down, connect to backup connection to proceed with download.
- Connect the new ISP connection on the WAN port (if cabled).
- Wait for the unit to come up or reboot the SimpleWAN unit.
A speed test
should appear if the unit is successful in swapping over to the new connection.
Swapping WAN and WAN2
- Write down both WAN and WAN2 Information.
- Go to Interfaces > WAN2. Disable WAN2.
- Wait for the unit to Sync under the Site Overview Location and General Information panel.
- Go to Interfaces > WAN and change the information with the WAN2 settings.
- Wait for the unit to Sync and give it a minute.
- Swap the cables for WAN and OPT Port (WAN2).
- Wait for unit to come up or reboot the SimpleWAN unit.
- Go to Interfaces > WAN2. Enable WAN2
- Input information using previous WAN settings.
- Wait for unit to Sync and give it a minute.
- Run a Speed Test or Reboot SimpleWAN unit.
Changing Built In 4G to Cabled connection.
Make sure to save the 4G information on the WAN Interface
- Follow Steps above for Changing WAN Interface.
- You may then set WAN2 with the 4G information by following steps 9-13 of Swapping WAN and WAN2.
Interfaces (LAN, WAN, WAN2)
Within this section inside of a given site, you are able to modify settings for the LAN, WAN, and WAN2 (when applicable) for the SimpleWAN device. Please be sure to update WAN settings when moving a SimpleWAN device to a new physical location or ...
SD-WAN and Traffic Prioritization System
Also known as packet prioritization system, this feature is a patented technology used to manage network traffic which delays some or all datagrams to bring them into compliance with a desired traffic profile. Traffic Prioritization is used to ...
SD WAN Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN) is the simplified solution for daily Networking needs. It provides a piece of mind by reducing risks and hassles with a lower cost and ease of management by providing diverse solutions. Load Balancing Load ...
WAN Configuration (Static IP)
This article will guide you through setting up the WAN information on the dashboard and this guide is also applicable, if you are trying to update new static IP on the WAN. 1. Firstly, you open up the dashboard of the site that you wanted to ...
This tab will show the historical data of an outage based on location. You can hover your mouse and check the timestamp for the said outages. The whole ISP History by state map is clickable. Click and you will see the full scale of the outage ...